Contact Information

Archives of the University of Ottawa
100, Marie-Curie (corner of King Edward)
Room 012
P.O. 450, Stn. A
OTTAWA, Ontario
K1N 6N5

Phone: (613) 562-5750
Fax: (613) 562-5198
E-mail: archives@uottawa.ca

Guide to the Fonds and Collections

Search the Database

By Title only
By Content only
By Fond Number only
Everywhere

 

New Search

LIBRARY SCHOOL FONDS. - - 1935-1976, 1984 - 0.61 m of textual records. - 42 multimedia documents.

Reference Number: 75

Administrative history

The University of Ottawa Library School is established in 1938 by Father Auguste Morisset, University Librarian. The School offers a one year full-time program and four year part-time program. A masters' programme is added in 1950. Father Morisset, who held the positions of School Director and University Librarian, withdraws from the latter position in 1959, to devote himself only to management of the School. In 1976, numerous problems, aggravated by a shortage of teaching staff, force the closure of the School.

Scope and content

The fonds contain files which document the functions of the Library School. It includes Faculty Council minutes (1962-1974), annual reports (1962-1963, 1965-1971), a quadrennial (1966-1970), course outlines (1952-1973), the status (1963), statistics (1951-1973), theses, historical notes, correspondence and miscellaneous publications. The fonds also include photographs.

Immediate source of acquisition: Gift.

Languages: In French and English.

Restrictions: Documents containing confidential and personal information are restricted to consultation and reproduction.The records are submitted to the Copyright's Act.

Finding aids: Inventory of textuals records; inventory of multimedia records; Filion, M. et al., Simple Numerical Register of Record Group 75: Library School: 1935-1975. -Ottawa: University of Ottawa Archives, 1983, 82 p.

Associated material: École de bibliothéconomie (EB 1-500), Saint Paul University Archives, 175 Main St., Ottawa, Ont., K1S 1C3.

Accessions: No more accruals are expected.




French

FONDS ÉCOLE DE BIBLIOTHÉCAIRES. - - 1935-1976, 1984 - 0,61 m de documents textuels. - 42 documents multimédias.

Numéro de fond: 75

Portée et contenu

Le fonds contient des documents portant sur les fonctions de l'École des bibliothécaires. Il comprend des procès-verbaux du Faculty Council (1962-1974), des rapports annuels (1962-1963, 1965-1971), un rapport quadriennal (1966-1970), le statut (1963), des syllabus de cours (1952-1973), des statistiques (1951-1973), des thèses, des notices historiques, de la correspondance et diverses publications. Le fonds comprend également des photographies.

Source immédiate d'acquisition: Don.

Langues: Français et anglais.

Restrictions: Les documents contenant des informations personnelles et confidentielles sont restreints à la consultation et à la reproduction.Les documents sont soumis à la Loi sur les droits d'auteur.

Instruments de recherche: Inventaire des documents textuels; inventaire des documents multimédias; Filion, M. et al., Répertoire numérique simple du fonds 75: École de bibliothécaires: 1935-1975. -Ottawa: Archives de l'Université d'Ottawa, 1983, 82 p.

Documents connexes: École de bibliothéconomie (EB 1-500), Archives de l'Université Saint-Paul, 175 rue Main, Ottawa, Ont., K1S 1C3; École des bibliothécaires (JE 371), Archives Deschâtelets, 175 rue Main, Ottawa, Ont., K1S 1C3; École de bibliothéconomie (BKH 1921-1930)

Versements complémentaires: Aucun autre versement n'est attendu.

© University of Ottawa
For additional information, please contact us
Technical questions? Contact archives@uottawa.ca
Last updated: 2010.08.17