Guide to the Fonds and Collections
MUSEUM OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA DOCUMENTS COLLECTION (ACADEMIC HALL). - 1909. - 2 artefact documents.
Reference Number: 268
This collection, assembled by the staff of the University Archives, concerns the University of Ottawa Museum, founded in 1869. Completed in 1880, the Museum acquired ethnological objects, mainly from the missions, and natural history specimens. A large collection of zoological specimens was donated to the museum by R.F. Arnaud in 1898. The museum moved to a new and larger location in the Sciences Building in 1901, and a curator was hired. There, after, museum space was reduced progressively by the University to make room for classes. In 1923, the museum collection was stowed along the walls while the centre of the room was turned into a theatre. Finally, renovations to Academic Hall in 1940 forced the sale of the collection. The last item was sold on September 19, 1942.
Scope and content
Catalogue and history of the Museum.
Immediate source of acquisition: Administrative Transfer.
Restrictions: Documents containing confidential and personal information are restricted to consultation and reproduction. The records are submitted to the Copyright's Act.
Finding aids: Inventory of Artefact documents fonds 285.
Accessions: No more accruals are expected.
FONDS COLLECTION DES DOCUMENTS DU MUSÉE DE L'UNIVERSITÉ D'OTTAWA (SALLE ACADÉMIQUE). - 1909. - 2 documents artéfacts.
Numéro de fond: 268
Portée et contenu
Catalogue et histoire du Musée.
Source immédiate d'acquisition: Transfert administratif.
Restrictions: Les documents contenant des informations personnelles et confidentielles sont restreints à la consultation et à la reproduction. Les documents sont soumis à la Loi sur les droits d'auteur.
Instruments de recherche: Inventaire des documents artéfacts fonds 285.
Versements complémentaires: Aucun autre versement n'est attendu.